Hi! I am Andrew Lance CPRP, Parks and Recreation Manager at City of Lexington Parks and Recreation
Andrew Lance's Bio:
Sports have been Andrew's passion since an early age, but he found out early on that being a professional athlete was not in the cards. Instead, he decided to stick with what he loved, and see the enjoyment others get from being active, playing, and learning.
Andrew Lance, CPRP, is the Parks and Recreation Manager for the City of Lexington Parks and Recreation Department in North Carolina. Andrew has extensive experience with recreational facilities, both the management of leagues and programs, as well as the marketing and financial side of the business.
I am skilled in all types of recreational programming for both youth and adult participants, and have managed programs and leagues with over 6000 participants, and $600,000 in yearly revenue. Management of these leagues included marketing, team and roster formation, coach selection, scheduling of games and officials, game and player management, score and standings updates, playoff structures, awarding of prizes, and program feedback.
My experience on the facility side include the Virginia Beach Field House, a 175,000 square foot indoor sports facility, and United Sports Training Center, a 127,000 square foot indoor facility and 60 acres of outdoor playing fields. I oversaw a departmental budget of $1,200,000, and managed 2 full time staff, 20-part time staff, and 10 – 20 interns per year while at United Sports. In addition to staff management, I also scheduled and directed 100+ officials.
I have managed the Facebook pages and website for these businesses, and effectively worked with the Marketing Departments to target and reach desired demographics within our markets. One important aspect of managing programs with large numbers of participants is timely and pertinent communication. This was done through website updates, mass emails, phone calls, and social media posts. Email design and creation has always been something that I was interested in, and I was able to gain new abilities and skills through learning basic coding and HTML formatting.
I have worked with the USIndoor Sports Association, and I am a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional through the National Parks and Recreation Association. Currently I work with the City of Lexington Parks and Recreation Department in Lexington NC, and I manage all recreational programming for the City, including athletics, youth and adult programs, events, and festivals.
Sports has been my passion since an early age, and I am blessed to be able to work around something I enjoy so much. You can connect with Andrew Lance on BrandYourself, LinkedIn, Facebook, or AboutMe.
Andrew Lance's Experience:
Parks and Recreation Manager at City of LexingtonJanuary 2017 - Present | Lexington, NC
• Coordinates with advocacy groups, civic groups, school officials, local government, and partner agencies to design and promote programming. • Develop and implement departmental policies and strategic goals. • Recruit sponsorships and volunteers for events, programs, and festivals. • Receive and investigate complaints, inquiries, and requests from the general public pertaining to services or programs.
Senior Director of Leagues at United SportsNovember 2014 - August 2016 | Downingtown PA
• Promoted to lead the department, managing and exceeding revenue goals of $1.2 million. • Achieved 14% revenue growth in first year of position, meeting yearly company goals through accurate forecasting, budget planning, program development, and strategic implementation. • Managed payroll, expenses, inventory, and facility/equipment upkeep and maintenance. • Staffed and supervised two directors, 20 part-time staff and 5–10 interns per year. • Served as manager on duty for a 127,000-square-foot indoor facility and 60-acre outdoor fields. • Developed marketing avenues, increasing market awareness and program participation.
League Director at United SportsAugust 2013 - October 2014 | Downingtown, PA
• Directed all soccer and hockey programs, achieving average 15% YoY revenue growth through development of new and existing programs. • Increased and expanded offerings through partnerships with local clubs and organizations.
Sports Director at Virginia Beach Field HouseJanuary 2011 - August 2013 | Virginia Beach
• Directed youth and adult programs for 6000+ participants. • Assisted in management and daily operations of a 175,000-square-foot indoor sports facility. • Managed company website and Facebook pages.
Marketing Intern at Virginia Beach Field HouseAugust 2010 - December 2010
• Initiated and closed sponsorship contracts with local and national businesses. • Selected media advertising avenues, and identified target markets and demographics.
Marketing Intern at Darlington Raceway2008 - 2008
Indoor Soccer Tournament Committee Member at US IndoorAugust 2012 - Present
Senior Director of Leagues at United Sports Training CenterOctober 2014 - August 2016 | Downingtown, PA
• Led the department to 14% growth, meeting yearly company goals through accurate forecasting, budget planning, program development, and strategic implementation. • Managed payroll, expenses, inventory, and facility/equipment upkeep and maintenance. • Staffed and supervised two directors, 20 part-time staff and 25 interns. • Oversaw operations of a 127,000-square-foot indoor facility and 60-acres of outdoor fields. • Developed marketing avenues, increasing market awareness and program participation.
Andrew Lance's Education:
University of South Carolina-Columbia2005 – 2010BSConcentration: Sports ManagementActivities: Earned a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management at the College of Hospitality, Sport, and Entertainment Management at the University of South Carolina. Was a member of the Sports Management Club, and attended the International Conference of Sport Business (ICSEB) for 3 years.
Andrew Lance's Interests & Activities:
Andrew lives in Lexington NC, with his wife Brittany, his sons Jackson and Cooper, and their 2 boxers, Higgins and Holmes. He plays sports whenever he can, and likes to work on his 1991 Wrangler.